Click Transfer on the Top Toolbar in your ModernAdvisor profile.
Click Transfer an Existing Account
Next you will come to the page shown below to enter in the information.
1. Select the account type you wish to transfer and provide the full account number.
2. Begin typing the name of the institution from which you'd like to transfer. Note that some institutions, especially larger banks, have different divisions. Please specify the division (e.g., Mutual Funds, Direct Investing, Branch).
3. A Deferred Sales Charge (DSC) is a fee charged to mutual fund investors if they redeem their investments before a specified period.
4. Transfer In-Kind: We will transfer your investments as they are to ModernAdvisor. Once received, we will sell all investments except for those with DSCs, and then reinvest according to your investment plan. Transfer In-Cash: Your institution will sell your investments and transfer the funds to ModernAdvisor. With this option, you might incur trading or DSC fees. If you're uncertain about DSCs, we recommend choosing the In-Kind transfer option.
5. Transfer All: We will move all of your investments to ModernAdvisor. Transfer Some: You can decide which investments to transfer and which ones to retain at your current institution.
6. Please provide an estimated amount for the transfer, so we can monitor and track its arrival more effectively."
Note: It's essential to ensure that any financial or legal advice or guidance you give aligns with local regulations and is reviewed by professionals in the field.You will then receive an email requesting you to sign the transfer form. Once completed this will automatically be returned to us for processing.
The time required for account transfers varies depending on the relinquishing institution, the speed with which they process transfer requests, and the method of initiation. If everything is in good order for processing and assuming there are no rejections, the transfer could take anywhere between 2-4 weeks.